Thursday 11 June 2009

REGAINING SCOPE

My kids have finally got through their exams and I have to say I am a little relieved and a little sad. I have been teaching my GCSE and A Level groups for two years now and you can form quite a relationship in that time (it doesn't seem long but they change so much during these years). Now I am hoping that they will go into the world and flourish. It is strange when you get to that point, a couple of days before they actually go into the exam hall, and you realise you can't do anything for them any more - you have to relinquish control and let them go in there on their own, hopefully, with their heads held high. Its hard to let go.

Having said that, I am relieved to have regained a little of my life and I am glad that they have made it through this major stage. Life is so tough for some kids - there seems to be so much pressure on them and so many of them don't have that centre that real faith gives you. When you think of yourself as truly valued by something far greater than yourself then you can keep a balance. When your self worth hinges on the results of exams things are so much harder. The more I step back and look at things, the more thankful I am for this great gift of faith that allows us to see through the chaos. It is not easy to do so but if we know there is something beyond the chaos that is a pretty good start.

3 comments:

~Joseph the Worker said...

It's always uplifting reading your posts, even the simple ones like this.

SQUELLY said...

Thank you, as always! :-)

Andrea said...

"Something beyond the chaos" that is what I am clinging to.
andrea

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin