Saturday 26 December 2009

Sacred Made Real exhibition is coming to Washington

I know that the US is a rather large country and that Washington may well be the same distance and duration by plane for some people living in the USA as it is for me here in London. Nevertheless, I got a book for Christmas about the exhibition I attended in London a couple of months ago (you can read the post here) and found that the exhibition is off to the National Gallery in Washington in February and staying a few months- you can read about it here. I was really pleased because I remembered some people over the Atlantic leaving comments saying they'd love to go- hopefully some now can - hooray!
The book is available at Amazon - it was a great present to receive because it was one of those lovely things I never would have got for myself (bit of an extravagance). It contains so many beautiful pictures and is really very special.



15 comments:

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

Thanks for the information. I do make it to Washington from time to time.

Andrea said...

Thanks!
Blessings and prayers,
andrea

SQUELLY said...

So glad! God bless!

Edel

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Would really love to see this. Maybe Ron and I can still get there sometime in the next few months...It's a "short" 8 hours drive from here to DC! Thank you for this! Cathy

SQUELLY said...

Oh dear 8 hours! That is quite a way for art! How little England is :-) It is a lovely exhibition though- hope you might be able to go

~Joseph the Worker said...

Wow this is great. We are 3 hours from D.C. and our son's Godfather just happens to be a seminarian there....and we are looking for an excuse to go visit him in the early spring. Sounds wonderful!

SQUELLY said...

Hooray! I am so delighted! I really hope you enjoy it

SQUELLY said...

I would be honoured Colleen - I actually took it of a picture that is printed on a large pane of glass at the convent of Nevers. A very Merry Christmas and I wish you many blessings for 2010!

Ann Murray said...

I remember those posts Edel, and how moving and realistic you found the life-like images. To have the book now is just such a lovely reminder.

I hope you are having a great time and I wish you and your family a holy, happy and prosperous New Year.

SQUELLY said...

Thank you so much Ann! I heartily wish you the same!

EC Gefroh said...

Thanks Squelly! It is about 9 or 10 hours away from me but it's nice to know it's in the USA. Happy New Year.

SQUELLY said...

Oh dear! It is actually close to me then :-) nevertheless.

Happy New Year Esther!

Unknown said...

Loving your blog too- looks really good! Best regards, Robert

Unknown said...

I went to the sacred made real exhibition in london- really good. the spanish were reluctant to give the Brits the religious paintings- given our history - we bashed ours to pieces during the reformation!!! high level officials had to convince them that we would take care of the sculptures!

SQUELLY said...

haha! Yes you can understand. I always remember trying to go to mass in St. Peters and they wouldn't let me in because they thought I was a deeply confused English person who didn't understand that this was a Catholic service. It was great that we were finally trusted (and that we managed to avoid any smashing- touch wood) Thanks so much for coming to visit and for the kind comments.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin