Tuesday 24 March 2009

Feeling under the weather - what would the saints say?

I woke up this morning with the feeling that today was going to be an effort. I am so exhausted and drained and I'm finding it hard to keep my patience as we roll steadily towards the end of term. It helps to be reminded that God is much closer than we might think and that is the great thing about having the saints so close to us; one is always faced with a good example- even when you feel like a good example is the last thing you want to be faced with. The Church in her wisdom gives us people - other human beings like us- who overcame their own trials and flaws in order to triumph over struggles of every kind - you name it there is bound to be a saint who has been there, done that, got over it, gone past it to that place we are all so desperate to reach (and sometimes feel so far from)

I guess most of us have saints that we feel a particular affection for even though we know that all are equally great and teach us lessons of equal value. There are a couple of people in particular who help me snap out of it when I get self indulgent. I thought that today, while I was sitting at my desk feeling like I've been trampled by a herd of large, clumsy elephants I would share the person who is getting me through the day (or one of them at least) I found the following video on YOUTUBE and I think it sums things up pretty nicely. May God bless you all today!:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin