Monday 30 March 2009

TAKING YOUR PETITIONS TO LOURDES - a simple offer

In two weeks time I have the very great privilege of being able to visit Lourdes once again. My family have made this possible for me as my birthday is coming up and its quite a big one. So off I will go on my little budget flight and I was wondering if I could do something for all of you on this trip. I have to admit I haven't quite worked out the finer details of this plan but- as some will know -within the grotto there is a petitions box where pilgrims can place their prayers directly in front of the miraculous spring. I wanted to ask if anyone would like me to take specific prayers and place them at the grotto for them - this is where the difficult part comes in so if this is something that you would be interested in I have three options:

1. Leave your petition in the comment box and I will print it off,  place in an envelope and take it to the grotto.

2. Email your petitions to my blog email address dreamersday.blog@googlemail.com and I will print them off and seal them tightly in an envelope - be assured that once printed they will be deleted and that I will not read through them. 

3. If it is something personal you can email me to ask for a postal address, send me your petitions and I give you my word that I will not open them but to place them straight in the box at the grotto 

There is two weeks until departure so should you think of anything up till that point then just let me know in whatever way suits you.

I am not sure there will be any takers on this one and of course prayers to Our Lady of Lourdes are just as powerful wherever you are in the world. I will take you all in my heart and pray for you all at the grotto regardless. However, if there is anything special or specific I wanted to offer this - it is the very least I could think to do for people who give so much to others by sharing a little of themselves. You can see the petition box in the video of the grotto below. Blessings to you all as we enter the final stage of Lent

15 comments:

My Chocolate Heart said...

I have sent you an email with prayer requests. Thank you so much for taking them with you. It is such a blessing to know that they will be placed at the grotto.
I hope you have a wonderful time there.
Bless you!
Jennifer

SQUELLY said...

That is wonderful! I will make sure they safely reach their destination - I feel privileged to be entrusted with them. Thank you!

~Joseph the Worker said...

Thank you for this! I want to pray for my friend Dawn, that she have a complete recovery from cancer.

SQUELLY said...

Thank you! I will of course print your prayer and take it to the grotto - I am glad to be able to do so

Therese said...

thanks Squelly.

I will email you later with my prayer requests.

SQUELLY said...

Thanks Therese - there is still lots of time. God Bless!

Tracy said...

thank you!! I want to Pray for my cousin Troy who has been missing for one week, that he will be found and get the help he needs. thank you

Christine said...

Oh what a blessing to be able to travel there. I will email my request.

God Bless

Christine

SQUELLY said...

Tracy- of course I wiil! I am praying for his safe return - I am sure our blessed mother is watching over him. God Bless!

Christine - I am so happy to be able to take your prayers with me! thank you! I am very blessed to live so close by and be able to go

Kat said...

Here is mine:

For peace and reconciliation with a former spiritual director.

Kathreja

SQUELLY said...

Thanks Kathreja! your prayer will journey with me to the grotto too!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, my mom is kind of sick. She has chronic kidney failure and is on dialysis. She also has trouble walking and lots of pain in her legs. If you could lay these prayers in Lourdes, that would be great.

-Norm

SQUELLY said...

Of course Norm - it would be a privilege. God bless!

ukok said...

Squelly, what a kind heart you have.

I would be very grateful if you would take my prayers to Lourdes with you. St. Bernadette is my Confirmation Saint and i feel a very close affinity with her and with Lourdes, though i have never been to Lourdes myself.

My intentions are these:

For the conversion of heart of my two teenage children who are ever sliding into secularism and are lethargic (almost comatose) in their faith lives.

For the health and wellbeing of my children and of my parents.

That if it be God's will, i will have a diagnosis for my health problems so that i can accept and move forward with whatever my cross is to bare.

Many thanks!

SQUELLY said...

Oh thank you! sorry not to have replied sooner I haven't managed to get on the net much today. I am so happy to be able to take these prayers with me- I shall make sure they are printed and sealed. Bernadette is such a beautiful confirmation saint to have - if I were to be confirmed now I think I would have chosen her- she made a wonderful promise to forget no one who asked for her prayers. I am sure she keeps that promise with the complete faith in which she lived.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin